National Single Payer is a national, grassroots organization that organizes locally in the struggle for national single payer health care.
We are united by the common principles that health care is a human right, must be free from corporate profit, and must be achieved through national legislation.
We are a 501(c)(4) under the fiscal sponsorship of Americans for Democratic Action. Your donations keep our work alive!
Latest Articles from NSP Steering Committee Members
No Amount of Fraud Deters Government Agencies When It Comes to Privatizing Medicare | Ana Malinow and Kay Tillow | Common Dreams | Feb 3, 2023
Architects of Medicare Privatization: Congress, Biden and CMS | Sandra Fox | CounterPunch | December 30, 2022
Labor Leaders Provide Cover for Privatization of Medicare – CounterPunch.org | Ed Grystar | CounterPunch | December 13, 2022
Value-Based Payment Is the New For-Profit Health Care Industry | Kip Sullivan, Ana Malinow, and Kay Tillow | Truthout | September 8, 2022
How This Rural Wisconsin County Put Publicly Funded, Non-Profit, National Health Care on the Ballot | Kay Tillow | Common Dreams | September 5, 2022
Latest actions on ACO REACH
(formally known as DCEs)
- SIGN the Petition to President Biden urging him to issue an executive order ending ACO REACH now!
- Urge President Biden to stop ACO REACH today!
- Call the Capitol switchboard: (202) 456-1111 from 11 AM-3 PM EST.
- Script: NATIONAL CALL-IN – Google Doc
Who we are
We are a group of activists, mobilizers, and organizers from across the country joined by a common goal of building a national single payer health care movement. If you agree, please join us.
Judy Albert | Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) of Western PA and PNHP, Board Delegate, North Central Region (PA)*
Claire Cohen | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare and PNHP of Western PA Steering Committee (PA)*
Sandy Fox | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare Co-founder (PA)
Ed Grystar | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare Co-founder (PA)
Ana Malinow | Physicians for a National Health Program Past-President (CA)*
Kay Tillow | All Unions Committee for Single Payer Health Care Coordinator (KY)
* for identification purposes only
Contact: Ana Malinow, MD firstname.lastname@example.org
- We believe health care is a human right, and nothing less than the enactment of a
national, not-for-profit, single payer program can make that right a reality in the United
- We believe coverage must be inclusive of all needed medical care with everybody in and nobody out and that all people deserve the highest level of quality health care.
- We believe the health care crisis calls for urgency in building a broad, powerful, bold, and nonpartisan movement that can make possible the enactment of national single payer legislation.
- We maintain hope based on our nation’s history of building dynamic movements to abolish slavery, expand voting rights, establish unions, and take on corporate power.
- We believe that neither a state by state nor an incrementalist strategy is an effective approach to winning national single payer.
- We believe that private equity, venture capital, insurance companies, and all profit-making entities have no place in health care as the prioritization of profits over people is the cause of high costs, delays, denial of care, poorer quality of care, and premature death.
- We believe the conversion of for-profit hospitals and medical care facilities into non-profit entities is critical to serve the needs of people and communities.
- We believe that the public funding must be progressive, shifting the burden from workers and those with modest incomes to the wealthy.
- We believe that inequities in health care based on race, ethnicity, religion, immigration status, class, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual preference, detention or incarceration, disability, age, and geographic location must be abolished to assure social justice in health care.
- We believe physicians and all health care practitioners must be able to practice free from corporate control and that patients have the right to choose their physician and other health care providers.
- We believe that a just transition with jobs, education, and income provided for those workers whose work is eliminated by the establishment of a single payer system is imperative.
- We welcome the discussion of a national health service and the possibility that such a plan can be placed on the nation’s agenda.