We are National Single Payer. We organize through a national strategy of webinars, direct action, and the people’s health care curriculum to mobilize with other social justice organizations for national single payer as the solution to our health care crisis.
To achieve national, single payer, universal, comprehensive, affordable, accountable, accessible, gender-affirming, high-quality, dignified, transparent, and equitable, non-discriminatory health care for all individuals residing in the US regardless of sex, age, creed, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, geographic location, income, or employment status.
Latest actions on DCEs:
- SIGN the Petition to President Biden urging him to issue an executive order ending DCE/REACH now!
- Urge President Biden to stop DCE/REACH today!
- Call the Capitol switchboard: (202) 456-1111 from 11 AM-3 PM EST.
- Script: NATIONAL CALL-IN – Google Docs
- REGISTER for our Webinar DCEs & REACH: Private Equity or True Equity?
- May 9 at 7:30 pm ET
- Hosted by National Single Payer and Physicians for a National Health Program
- When the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced it was ending the controversial Direct Contracting program and replacing it with the REACH model, the agency touted their emphasis on “equity.”
- But looking under the hood of the rebranded program, REACH is more focused on private equity than health equity.
- To learn more, and what you can do to stop the, join us when Dr. Susan Rogers, president of Physicians for a National Health Program, moderates a roundtable discussion about DCE/ACO-REACH, the dangers of privatization and so-called “value-based care,” and how to achieve true equity in our healthcare system.
- Panelists include Dr. Linda Rae Murray, Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, and Dr. Claire Cohen.
- We believe health care is a human right.
- We demand the elimination of profit-making from the health care system.
- We reject a health care system based on racism.
- We recognize the struggle to health care justice champions all social justice movements.
- We oppose state single payer bills and other incremental approaches such as the public option, lowering the age of Medicare, patching up existing Medicare or expanding Medicaid.
- We maintain that national single payer is non-partisan.
Who we are
Contact: Ana Malinow, MD email@example.com
We are a group of activists, mobilizers and organizers from across the country joined by a common goal of building a national single payer health care movement. If you agree, please join us.
Judy Albert | Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) of Western PA and PNHP, Board Delegate, North Central Region (PA)
Tom Brockmeyer | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare and PNHP of Western PA Steering Committee (PA)
Claire Cohen | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare and PNHP of Western PA Steering Committee (PA)
Tony Fiorillo | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare and PNHP of Western PA Steering Committee (PA)
Sandy Fox | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare Co-founder (PA)
Ed Grystar | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare Co-founder (PA)
David Hughes | Western PA Coalition for Single-Payer Healthcare Steering committee (PA)
Daniel Lide | Students for National Single Payer, Nevada (NV)
Ana Malinow | Physicians for a National Health Program Past-President (CA)
Linda Phenix (TX)
Marielle Reataza (CA)
Anne Scheetz | PNHP: Illinois Single-Payer Coalition and Chicago ADAPT (IL)
Marti Schmidt (WA)
Bob Sisler (MI)
Jim Squire | PNHP (WA)
Lee Stanfield | (AZ)
Sumitra Joy | National Consumer Voice Leadership Council
Kay Tillow | All Unions Committee for Single Payer Health Care Coordinator (KY)